Feedback on Reef Chemistry Spreadsheet

kjellwr4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the spreadsheet below as a database/log for when I test my new aquarium or events happen. What am I missing? What else would you include? Is there something better? Thanks for any feedback.

50G Cube Aquarium Log

Also, I know that there are #VALUE! errors in the date column. The timestamp column autofills columns B and C with the =now() function which I have not filled in.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looks clean

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would also is the ability to track when you installed new RO/DI filters or changed out media etc..

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks similar to a spreadsheet I use. I also added conditional formatting to color the cells to show if values are in acceptable range (green is good, yellow is a little off, red requires action).
Screenshot 2021-07-31 043113.png

OP
OP
kjellwr4

kjellwr4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks similar to a spreadsheet I use. I also added conditional formatting to color the cells to show if values are in acceptable range (green is good, yellow is a little off, red requires action).
Cool. Do you find it more useful to have a column for "action after test?" I have a notes area, but I was of the mindset that I would put info about pre-H2Otest changes. I like your approach.

I will definitely add some conditional formatting. Good call.

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would move the nitrite, ammonia columns to the right, (they wont be used much after cycle). i use the comment column to track WC's, livestock additions/losses, equipment changes, will you use the event column for that?. I have a separate spreadsheet to track expenses including start up.
my FW hobby has been active since march of '18 with a running daly average cost of $2/day, My SW has been active since August of '19 with a $10 daily cost. I realize that over time it is less expensive to do this! Last year it was $12.86/day in a few years it will be free? sure...

OP
OP
kjellwr4

kjellwr4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would move the nitrite, ammonia columns to the right, (they wont be used much after cycle). i use the comment column to track WC's, livestock additions/losses, equipment changes, will you use the event column for that?. I have a separate spreadsheet to track expenses including start up.
my FW hobby has been active since march of '18 with a running daly average cost of $2/day, My SW has been active since August of '19 with a $10 daily cost. I realize that over time it is less expensive to do this! Last year it was $12.86/day in a few years it will be free? sure...
You are right. I will move the nitrite and ammonia columns to the right. Yes, I plan to use the event drop-down to track major changes. I decided to standardize it so that I can run separate pivot tables if I need to do so for things like fish additions, losses, and equipment changes.

I am a bit scared to put in prices because I am already shelling out crazy amounts! However, it is a good idea. Maybe I will go with a separate sheet. I can't envision how to put money in with all of the testing info.

KMCA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't suppose it's on Gdocs so I can rip a copy?

Back