Feedback plz.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Oter292
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Oter292

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2025
Messages
31
Reaction score
8
Location
Tucson
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New mushroom but seems to be struggling. Nitrates are 3- phosphate was at 0.10. I’m bringing down the phosphate now. Alk is at a 8. I’m not sure what’s going on with it or if that’s normal? Thx



IMG_2690.jpeg
 
How long has it been in the tank and how did it look before going in? Phos at .1 is fine. Nitrates are a little low for softies tho.
 
How long has it been in the tank and how did it look before going in? Phos at .1 is fine. Nitrates are a little low for softies tho.
My Nitrates are actually lower @ 1.9. It came in looking ok but I considered lighting was the issue. I will raise the Nitrates.
 
How are other corals in your tank?
How long have you had this mushroom?
What kind of light do you have?
We can't look at a coral and know whats wrong with it. The only real way to figure it out is with process of elimination, and for that we need all the info.
 
I’ve had hundreds of Yumas through the years a few of them will unavoidably behave weirdly like this and eventually melt even if the water parameter is fine while all other corals do well. Lower light intensity will help but be prepared that some Yuma just can not be saved.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new