Feedback requested: Lagoon style Waterbox 80.4 scape w/ Stax

waleedk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks,

I'm doing my first big-ish tank and I'm not really very artistic or experienced but trying to get the scaping right. Tried to read up on the rule of thirds, etc. I'm mocking it up dry so I can get feedback.

It's a Waterbox 80.4 tank -- it's only 12 inches deep, which means there's not a whole lot of room. I plan to do a mixed reef (mostly softies/LPS), with small fish. Also plan to have some mangroves growing out of the island.

The look I'm going for is an arch/island in the middle, a little plateau on the left, and inner and outer bays on the right. I was planning on having an island in the middle stick up a bit with mangroves growing on it. Was thinking of having another island on the foreground right (but ran out of Stax).

IMG_20190601_183457.jpg
IMG_20190601_183508.jpg

I also took a bunch of photos to try to build a 3D model. I've uploaded it to sketchfab, it's not perfect, but it does help to understand it in 3D. You can find it at: https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/waterbox-804-aquascape-818504057e5047b1aa9501dc84003989.

Would love to get thoughts!

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your initial scape. Another small island made out of a 5# box of Stax in the front left area would look really cool. I see this post is about a month old, what did you end up doing? Post a pic.

Cody Paulsen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the shape of it but worry that you might not have enough rock for a tank that size. I agree with the previous poster about another smaller mound in the front left corner. Also, that very top rock doesn't do you any favors, better off taking it down and giving yourself a little more space up top for something to grow on.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back