Shallow Scape Feedback

RedOtterCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

Getting back into the hobby after a several years. Got this 48x24x12 shallow that I'd like to run as a mixed sps/LPS.

The main flow will be coming from the left side, and with it being so shallow I wanted the scape to be equally as appealing on the top down view.

Would love any feedback!
20240129_201021.jpg
20240129_201026.jpg

OP
OP
R

RedOtterCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a mix of LPS and sps. Leaning towards euphyllia and gonis for the LPS, acros for sps if everything goes according to plan.

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it. Big fan of frogs torchs hammers, and gonis. They have some pretty colors and flow with thr current beautifully. There's a local.guy around here (ohio area) who sold some new york Knicks, dragon soul, gold with blue tips, beautiful gold hammer with random pinks blues and some rainbow sheen. All cheap. I bought 4 frags from him for 200 bucks all with 2+ heads.

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you close to ohio or wanna see if he ships its mantis reef. Highly awesome couple who have an amazing tank. They are on here on r2r as well

OP
OP
R

RedOtterCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it. Big fan of frogs torchs hammers, and gonis. They have some pretty colors and flow with thr current beautifully. There's a local.guy around here (ohio area) who sold some new york Knicks, dragon soul, gold with blue tips, beautiful gold hammer with random pinks blues and some rainbow sheen. All cheap. I bought 4 frags from him for 200 bucks all with 2+ heads.
It's been a minute since I bought coral but looking at today's prices seems you got a pretty darn good deal!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta do the standard clown pair, I plan on at least a few wrasse (would like one of the fairies) a small tang and a midas blenny. Lfs near me had one with an awesome personality back in the day
I love blennies!

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Careful with wrasse in a shallow tank theybwill jump. Have some kind of top for the tank. I love wrasse. Leapords are pretty and cheap, black leopards are amazing, Naoko wrasse are absolutely stunning

OP
OP
R

RedOtterCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Careful with wrasse in a shallow tank theybwill jump. Have some kind of top for the tank. I love wrasse. Leapords are pretty and cheap, black leopards are amazing, Naoko wrasse are absolutely stunning
That's how I lost one on the previous build I had years ago. Already got the materials for for lid!

Sesty22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a clam heaven! I wouldnt be able to resist.

Edit: I think it looks awesome!

OP
OP
R

RedOtterCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a clam heaven! I wouldnt be able to resist.

Edit: I think it looks awesome!
I never thought I'd get into clams, but this past weekend at the lfs my wife spied one she really liked. So sounds like I might end up with one lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 149 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back