60 breeder sps scape?

jonelder68

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I get some opinions on my aqua scape so far? Tank plans are SPS/acros. I know I need to leave room and space for everything to grow out but it feels bare to me. The 60 breeder I feel is hard to scape with its shallow height. Tried to leave plenty of openings for flow etc. my only thought is maybe an arch in the middle, back portion? Connect the two current structures? The tank has a center brace so light will probably be restricted in that area somewhat. Anyways would love some input!

IMG_6561.jpeg IMG_6562.jpeg IMG_6564.jpeg IMG_6563.jpeg

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OMG...great aquascape IMO! Few touchpoints on the bottom, so tremendous flow and no detritus settling anywhere you cannot vacuum. I'm a big fan of BB and that setup as you can see from my BuildThread.

Nothing over 50% of the height of your tank...check.
Following a rule of thirds...check.
Leaving room for acros to take off after more than one year...check

Let's see a build thread! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I get some opinions on my aqua scape so far? Tank plans are SPS/acros. I know I need to leave room and space for everything to grow out but it feels bare to me. The 60 breeder I feel is hard to scape with its shallow height. Tried to leave plenty of openings for flow etc. my only thought is maybe an arch in the middle, back portion? Connect the two current structures? The tank has a center brace so light will probably be restricted in that area somewhat. Anyways would love some input!

Love it have a 40B for over 2 years now
..and im always like...dang it...wish I would have a got a 60b instead. Don't get me wrong, I love my tank....but the 60b is just the tad bit more I wanted.

Best of luck!!

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wait, I see you have a Build Thread already! You need to "relink" it to your profile as a badge. I'll see if I can find the link to that process if you don't already know.
This.

OP
OP
jonelder68

jonelder68

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG...great aquascape IMO! Few touchpoints on the bottom, so tremendous flow and no detritus settling anywhere you cannot vacuum. I'm a big fan of BB and that setup as you can see from my BuildThread.

Nothing over 50% of the height of your tank...check.
Following a rule of thirds...check.
Leaving room for acros to take off after more than one year...check

Let's see a build thread! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Thanks! I’ve learned from my current tank of 22 years the ol' stacking rock wall is a real pain! Detritus trap and impossible to access areas when needed. I’ve wanted to try SPS for a while now (done softies and LPS) in for a challenge I’m sure but hey gotta try sometime.

I’ve started a build thread. I’m not the greatest at keeping up on taking photos and posting. Tried adding the link to my profile but keeps saying invalid address? I’ll figure it out someday lol

OP
OP
jonelder68

jonelder68

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it have a 40B for over 2 years now
..and im always like...dang it...wish I would have a got a 60b instead. Don't get me wrong, I love my tank....but the 60b is just the tad bit more I wanted.

Best of luck!!
I was originally planning to do a 40 breeder but then saw the 60 breeder. Same awesome dimensions in my opinion but just that extra space needed. Your tank looks awesome

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 60 breeder I'm going to be adding into my new build, once its been up and running for a while. I was going to do all shelf rock, may still, but this has inspired me!

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks! I’ve learned from my current tank of 22 years the ol' stacking rock wall is a real pain! Detritus trap and impossible to access areas when needed. I’ve wanted to try SPS for a while now (done softies and LPS) in for a challenge I’m sure but hey gotta try sometime.

I’ve started a build thread. I’m not the greatest at keeping up on taking photos and posting. Tried adding the link to my profile but keeps saying invalid address? I’ll figure it out someday lol

Click on your Account, then go to Account Details. Near the bottom of the page will be 'My Tank Thread' under Identities.

OP
OP
jonelder68

jonelder68

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click on your Account, then go to Account Details. Near the bottom of the page will be 'My Tank Thread' under Identities.
I open my build thread and then copy and paste link address but says invalid? It won’t let me even copy and paste the address/link here in this post….says server error?

OP
OP
jonelder68

jonelder68

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I open my build thread and then copy and paste link address but says invalid? It won’t let me even copy and paste the address/link here in this post….says server

Attachments

• IMG_6566.png
    IMG_6566.png
    97 KB · Views: 14

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Great looking aquascape!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back