Feedback?

adtravels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built this using the Fauna Marin reefix. It is really easy to mix and scape with, sets like concrete.

I have tried to make a minimalist (as far as possible) base for a limited number of SPS colones that I intend to give plenty of space to allow full growth. Each platform as a base for each colony.

I will start with frags and mini colonies.

This tank is BB.
IMG_20190703_141834513.jpg
IMG_20190703_141844457_HDR.jpg

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The left side looks like a couple of elephants :) It reminds me of an African scene with animals and trees. You are probably going to have a hard time placing SPS on a lot of those skinny branches.....the flat top rocks will work obviously. Would be a great fish only scape. I just read you are using a limited number of SPS frags......in that case, should work great. Good job!

OP
OP
adtravels

adtravels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, not sure about the sticky up bit, I may knock or saw it closer to the rest of the structure and put a platform on it what do you think?

It's bigger than it looks the foot print is 4x2

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The left side looks like a couple of elephants :) It reminds me of an African scene with animals and trees. You are probably going to have a hard time placing SPS on a lot of those skinny branches.....the flat top rocks will work obviously. Would be a great fish only scape. I just read you are using a limited number of SPS frags......in that case, should work great. Good job!

Yes on the elephant look, and perhaps something else.....
As you mentioned maybe trim down some. Also like the platform idea as mentioned by others.

Looks good though.

Cody Paulsen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely much better with the platform than that vertical rock. Your fish are going to be so happy with all that room to swim through the structure!

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, not sure about the sticky up bit, I may knock or saw it closer to the rest of the structure and put a platform on it what do you think?

It's bigger than it looks the foot print is 4x2
I agree with you, make a spot for something up there. I like it though, nice work. Do you have enough room near the glass?? I did this when I scraped my 120 and I got WAY too close to the glass...well, everywhere. It was a pain to clean and the corals were laying on the glass.

OP
OP
adtravels

adtravels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will select bushy sps for the platforms closer to the glass. And put platers in the centre top. Then a stag or 2 at the back. I will push the scapeback an in to increase space at the front.
I have 4 mp40 for this tank so placement will be fun...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back