Feeder rings? Experiences/Recommendations?

Ecotech Marine

Avengerx77

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Does anyone has used any feeder ring in your tank? I would like to combine this with my auto feeder when I am not at home to avoid pellets going all over the place and into my overflow. I have seen some basic ones in Amazon and some others made of plastic as cup shaped.

Any experiences with these products and feeder ring recommendations?

Click to join now!

powers2001

started reefing 1999
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
@Avengerx77 TLF just makes one ring. I would be very surprised if it did rust. If it did rust you would have a free magnet ring. Contact the company and they will have to give you a new one. Just be careful putting it together and it won’t break.

sherb

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
When I set up my aquarium I checked the different rings. I decided to DIY it until I figured out what I wanted, but that works so well that I never bothered to buy one. Just use some 1/4” RODI tubing with an air line coupling and a suction cup.

Attachments

• 1259FADE-E079-4E64-B3C5-81190C30270F.jpeg
    1259FADE-E079-4E64-B3C5-81190C30270F.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 35
REEFTIDE

shakacuz

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
When I set up my aquarium I checked the different rings. I decided to DIY it until I figured out what I wanted, but that works so well that I never bothered to buy one. Just use some 1/4” RODI tubing with an air line coupling and a suction cup.
perfect! now rust is never a factor

OP
Avengerx77

Avengerx77

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
@Avengerx77 TLF just makes one ring. I would be very surprised if it did rust. If it did rust you would have a free magnet ring. Contact the company and they will have to give you a new one. Just be careful putting it together and it won’t break.
Ok, will give it a look and see if it works for me
Very nice, unfortunately I pretty much suck at DIY lol so that's why I was asking.
The eheim feeding station looks good, both frozen and pellets
Yes, I was looking at that one, wondering how quick the pellets will sink instead of fish going to the top to get it. I know the clownfish will not have an issue, but my royal gramma does not go all the way up when feeding. The other thing is that a lot of reviews says the plastic arrived broken.

sixty_reefer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Was looking for something like this from Amazon
I used them in the past and they were a bit rubbish as they didn’t level right in the water, also couldn’t handle the waves imo

AI Nero 5

Peninsula Reef Tanks...

• I currently have one

Votes: 74 24.9%
  • I used to have one set up

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • I would like to try one in the future

Votes: 150 50.5%
  • No interest

Votes: 60 20.2%
Reef Chasers Aquaculture