Feeder rings? Experiences/Recommendations?

Avengerx77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone has used any feeder ring in your tank? I would like to combine this with my auto feeder when I am not at home to avoid pellets going all over the place and into my overflow. I have seen some basic ones in Amazon and some others made of plastic as cup shaped.

Any experiences with these products and feeder ring recommendations?

OP
OP
Avengerx77

Avengerx77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, is I possible to know which one you used from them? I believe I read some reviews on theirs I think that the magnet started to release some metals from the magnet into the tank after a while.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Avengerx77 TLF just makes one ring. I would be very surprised if it did rust. If it did rust you would have a free magnet ring. Contact the company and they will have to give you a new one. Just be careful putting it together and it won’t break.

sherb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I set up my aquarium I checked the different rings. I decided to DIY it until I figured out what I wanted, but that works so well that I never bothered to buy one. Just use some 1/4” RODI tubing with an air line coupling and a suction cup.

Attachments

• 1259FADE-E079-4E64-B3C5-81190C30270F.jpeg
    1259FADE-E079-4E64-B3C5-81190C30270F.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 82

shakacuz

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
When I set up my aquarium I checked the different rings. I decided to DIY it until I figured out what I wanted, but that works so well that I never bothered to buy one. Just use some 1/4” RODI tubing with an air line coupling and a suction cup.
perfect! now rust is never a factor

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The eheim feeding station looks good, both frozen and pellets

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the IM defroster, but I recently took it out of my tank. I just broadcast feed and prethaw out my frozen food in a container, so I didnt see the need.

OP
OP
Avengerx77

Avengerx77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Avengerx77 TLF just makes one ring. I would be very surprised if it did rust. If it did rust you would have a free magnet ring. Contact the company and they will have to give you a new one. Just be careful putting it together and it won’t break.
Ok, will give it a look and see if it works for me
Very nice, unfortunately I pretty much suck at DIY lol so that's why I was asking.
The eheim feeding station looks good, both frozen and pellets
Yes, I was looking at that one, wondering how quick the pellets will sink instead of fish going to the top to get it. I know the clownfish will not have an issue, but my royal gramma does not go all the way up when feeding. The other thing is that a lot of reviews says the plastic arrived broken.

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both the TLF and Eheim feeder stations. Both do an excellent job. I did order the Eheim station off of amazon and got it quickly and without any damage. Either will work fine for you...

Back