Feeders or stn/rtn???

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2016
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
2,168
Location
North Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I killing this stag or are these feeding tentacles
D2A48A8C-3B47-4089-9B57-2CEC62CBC13F.jpeg
 
feeding response. i believe the picture was just taken at a wrong time making it seem like "flesh is coming off".
 
No those are not feeding tentacles, it’s a stress or irritation response like charlies's frags stated.
Possible water parameter is off or lights par too high for this particle coral.
I would move it to lower par
 
Last edited:
I would check for bugs, especially if PE has been progressively getting worse.
 
filaments. Increase flow slightly.
What is your phosphate and Nitrate levels?
 
No those are not feeding tentacles, it’s a stress or irritation response like charlies's frags stated.
Possible water parameter is off or lights par too high for this particle coral.
I would move it to lower par
I have a Strawberry Shortcake and another Acro, not sure of type, that does this but ONLY when I spot feed them, then they retract in about an hour or two. I spot feed with the power heads kept on so are you saying that feeding can cause stress or irritation?
 
filaments. Increase flow slightly.
What is your phosphate and Nitrate levels?
Phosphate is .06 nitrate is in like the 10-12 range but phos and nitrate bottomed out for a day but still it was acting up like this last week when my params were on point. Flow might be a issue but I got a Mp10 running on 13-16% in different modes
 
Those are mesenterial filaments and are a normal feeding response, although occasionally seen when corals are stressed. I would not be concerned.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new