Feeding a Cooperband

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine wouldn't eat anything I put at it. I tried all frozen foods, masstick, clams, etc. The only thing it will touch is black worms. It took two feedings and he went right for them on the second one. I can feed him from my hand now.

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey X I saw your post and wanted to share what feeding tube I used. I put in some LRS reef frenzy and mysis and they started picking right away. Was also able to get my Copperband to eat Masstick. The tube came from an AquaMedic fish trap.

20200205_060151.jpg
Hey bud good to see you.. those spaces look large, mysis and worms would escape real fast

ShelaghM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are incredibly smart fish once they get established. Mine eats direct from the feeding tube with his beak which prevents other fish from eating his portion and breaks up smaller particles to feed my anthias and corals. I have seen other folks use a small pvc pipe with caps and holes drilled in them to allow them to “hunt” for the food in their natural way.

here is mine, 2 years old now.

52B756A9-5C62-49D3-95F7-430C152EC472.jpeg
Can you explain about the feeding tube please. Also you all say feed blackworms but they seem to be fresh water worms, so can I feed then to my coooerband?

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you explain about the feeding tube please. Also you all say feed blackworms but they seem to be fresh water worms, so can I feed then to my coooerband?
Hey ShelaghM, I know you weren't asking me but this is what I use to feed the Copperband Live California Blackworms.

20200716_111938.jpg

ShelaghM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I gave one of those To feed fish tubifix worms in the tropical tank. so will get some California live black worms and try them.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back