Feeding a yasha or dracula goby

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m interested in setting up a species specific tank for a shrimp goby (or a mated pair!) and a pistol shrimp. They will be the only fish in the tank (a zoa garden nano). My concern is feeding. my sense is that many small plankton eaters like these need to eat all day long. I will be sure to establish a pod population before taking the plunge, but do these guys need constant feeding? my larger tanks do just fine when I leave for a week or so and have the neighbor add some new life spectrum pellets every other day or so. Would a shrimp goby be as forgiving?

are these fish that can survive me taking a long weekend every few months?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m interested in setting up a species specific tank for a shrimp goby (or a mated pair!) and a pistol shrimp. They will be the only fish in the tank (a zoa garden nano). My concern is feeding. my sense is that many small plankton eaters like these need to eat all day long. I will be sure to establish a pod population before taking the plunge, but do these guys need constant feeding? my larger tanks do just fine when I leave for a week or so and have the neighbor add some new life spectrum pellets every other day or so. Would a shrimp goby be as forgiving?

are these fish that can survive me taking a long weekend every few months?
I had a yashi and pistol shrimp combo that I would not see for days then they come out to eat and don’t see for 3-5 days later again. Now I’m not sure if they got food some other way like gunnel where I can’t see or at night or something

OP
OP
C

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a yashi and pistol shrimp combo that I would not see for days then they come out to eat and don’t see for 3-5 days later again. Now I’m not sure if they got food some other way like gunnel where I can’t see or at night or something
was it a very large tank with a big microfauna population?

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine eat whatever food I put in for the other fish. The goby has even been known to deliver food to the shrimp from time to time. ;)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back