Feeding AB+...Lights On or Lights Off?

Bodyguard

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2021
Messages
88
Reaction score
28
Location
32909
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

When is the optimum time to dose AB+? I have been feeding my corals ~6hrs into the 12hr light cycle every 2 days but recently came across a post that said feed AB+ when the lights are off...This is my first time using AB+ and have been dosing for about a month now. Curious when others dose this food.

Thanks in advance!
Cheers
 
Depends on when your corals feed. My NPS like to open right after lights out .
 
Nothing days you have to put it all in at once. I often put half the dose in morning and half at night. And alternate day and night with some other things I feed to the corals. I’ve got ones that seem to feed at different times.
 
I have noticed when I dosed with light on
Take -1hr for tank to clear,but when I dosed with light off taking longer for water to clear
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new