Feeding Carnivores and Herbivores

Patrick Cox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I currently have the following carnivores in my 150G tank...
  • School of Dispar Anthias (5)
  • Diamond Goby
  • Firefish
  • Mystery Wrasse
  • Scott's Fairy Wrasse
These fish are all very healthy and eating very well. I feed frozen mysis and brine shrimp 2x per day and then I also have an Avast Marine auto feeder that feeds freeze dried mysis, plankton and calanus several times per day. I am at home mostly but when I am away, the only food comes from the auto feeder and these fish are very willing to eat the freeze dried food.

Now, I am about ready to add 2 tangs and I am a bit worried about feeding them when I am away. (Bristletooth and Convict). I know that when I add the tangs I will need to start feeding veggie pellets or similar. When I am home I can certainly feed sheet nori and add pellets to the tank manually but when I am away, I am wondering if I should just mix some veggie pellets into my current feeder or do I need a separate feeder with the vegetable food only?

My tank has little to no algae because my lights are running at very low intensity currently so this feeding will be important.

Thanks for any suggestions!

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your overthinking this. Feed just like you've been but stick a piece of nori in the tank every other day. You can also rip it up and stick it in with the mysis and brine to.

Your fish will be fine without frozen for a week.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back