Feeding Clowns and Damsels

rooneyj889

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2020
Messages
238
Reaction score
86
Location
Buffalo
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I am currently cycling my 75g tank with a fish in cycle. I have 2 clowns and 2 Kupang Damsels in there and am wondering what is the best way to feed them without causing a major ammonia spike from over feeding. I currently have frozen mysis shrimp and marine s pellets from hikari. I was wondering how often i should be feeding them, which is better, how to feed them (i.e. dropping a part of a cube in the tank and letting it defrost or defrosting before hand and dropping the shrimp in or using tongs) and such. Any tips would be helpful
 
Welcome!

I would starting out feeding a couple times a day what they will eat in a minute or so. Keep an eye on ammonia during the cycling process for sure! I usually thaw my frozen food in a small cup with tank water then dump it in. They will be happy with frozen directly dumped in also though. I would feed the pellets a little more often as I believe they are more of a complete food. Good luck.
 
giphy.gif


Welcome to the team!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new