Feeding CUC

Jmas4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Christmas everyone!

I made a newbie mistake. Back during black friday, there was a CUC package deal. It was a really good deal, but it was a package that could not be altered. It came with:
10 astrea snails (8 currently)
3 emerald crabs
2 nassarius snails
1 conch
1 tuxedo urchin

During that time my dorm IM nuvo 10 was going through an algae phase, so I thought there would be more than enough food for this CUC package. Fast foward to now and with good husbandry and CUC they cleaned up my tank. The thing is everyone including me got attached to these critters and the store has a no return policy.

I dont want them to die and self stabilize the population. I would rather feed them and keep them all alive even if that goes against the purpose of a CUC. What can I feed them other than nori? How will the CUC find the nori before it breaks all apart? Any tips and advice will be welcome.

Thanks and Happy Reefing!

IMG_20221225_150257_82.jpg

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed 16 plum size Mexican turbos one sheet of algae everyday. I sandwich a quarter sheet between a piece of glass and plastic mesh with feeding windows cut out. The hole thing is held together with rubber bands. Not pretty but maybe it will give some ideas.

679582EA-FFED-4D24-98C2-CAD5C3E54665.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back