Feeding promotes babies in 1 week!!!!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Acronuts
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Acronuts

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 19, 2008
Messages
890
Reaction score
96
Location
Davenport,Orlando Fl. Area
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just wanted to share this event which astonishes me and delighted me when I came back from vacation.
On the last day before I left I fed the tank mysid shrimps. In order not to target feed anyone I decided to turn off all pumps.
As I watched I saw a solitare aussie blasto catch a mysid shrimp.
The following photos show it eating it.
The last photo shows the results!
Enjoy!
RSCN3692.jpg


RSCN3691.jpg


RSCN3690.jpg


Babies!!!
RSCN3682.jpg
 
yup yup.

blastos explode with feeding. i was amazed at how big their mouths get the first time i fed.
 
I have another aussie blasto but that one seems not to want to feed. It blows up but does not ingest food. It is placed up higher closer to the lights. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
 
I hand feed my blastos 3x a week mysis and chopped squid with a long eye dropper to make sure each polyp gets food. I started with 2 and when they started sprouting babies they didnt stop. Have 14 heads now and its only been about 2 months
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new