Feeding Question

MidwestReefer1989

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2020
Messages
21
Reaction score
11
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

Starting off I have a Fluval Evo 13.5 with modified filtration system (not the one it came with). I currently have 2 clowns, 1 orchid, 1 skunk shrimp, 2 conchs, and 2 bumblebees. I also have an array of corals including acans, hammerheads, firework polyps, green star polyps, ricordea. All the parameters have been normal but I am getting a slight white haze in the tank.

I am wondering if I am feeding my tank too much and what do other nano tank reefers do? I currently feed frozen food that I can break off into smaller chunks.

Any guidance would be beneficial.
 
First off, Welcome!

Sounds like it might just be hazy from a bacterial bloom. As long as you have enough aeration it's not really a cause for concern and should clear up in a few days to maybe a week or two. You could look at adding a UV sterilizer, but I've never needed to.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new