Feeding skittish goby in quarantine

The Coug

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a yellow watchman goby and a green clown goby in a quarantine tank for about a week. They spend a lot of time hiding (to be expected) which has caused me to struggle getting them fed.

The clown goby flips out after I tried target feeding him with a syringe a few times. The watchman is usually deep in hiding then too. So I just end up spraying some food frozen brine around and hope they eat it something.

I’m sure I’m over feeding in the hopes that they’ll eat a piece or two. I’ve been debating about removing some cover in the quarantine but I don’t know if that will scare them more. I was also thinking about skipping a day of feeding to try to see if they get hungry enough to eat more or accept target feeding.

Background into:
In my display I’ve got 4 established fish that I got from the previous owner. I’ve taken 2 clowns through quarantine and they ate a bunch but they were captive bred. I’ve got Rods food, Reef Frenzy, frozen Mysis, frozen brine, and pellets available.

I’ve been soaking frozen brine with General Cure, Focus, and Selcom for the quarantined gobies.

65A18CB7-A423-4670-8B0E-CD6A9442A890.jpeg EB754EE1-6569-41DE-9EBB-BCCE16D34FC4.jpeg C4C981D9-5BC5-401F-8761-1AE69693CD8A.jpeg

Matt groves

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just curious are you standing in front of the tank watching them? even in my display my one goby wont come out to eat if im standing there - i walk off to the side out of his view and can see him come out to eat

OP
OP
T

The Coug

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve tried both. I’ve hid a ways back after broadcast feeding and other times I’ve lurked at the tank while trying to target feed.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back