Feeding snails in a clean QT

pseudorand

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
641
Reaction score
427
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up an invert QT. It should be cycled based on ammonia (0), nitrite (0) and nitrate (off the chart before 75% water change) tests, but to make sure I added 3 astreas, 3 turbos and 3 hermits.

I figured the snails would eat algae discs. But even when I put them right on the disc, they just seem to crawl away. (Hermits are pigging out).

There's no algae on the glass yet. What do I do? Will my snails starve? How long might they live. Anyone else claim to have astreas or turbos that eat prepared for of some sort?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new