Feeding Tailspot Blenny

Mcbauer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
I have a 20 gal tank with the main focus on LPS and only one fish, a tailspot blenny. My question is if I should feed him every now and then with meaty food or if the algae present in the tank are the best source of nutrients for the fish. I do target feed the corals Reefroids 3 times a week but I do not really broadcast feed otherwise.
The fish does not look malnourished or anything along the lines I just want to know the best diet for him as most of the time they are kept with other fish and will end up eating meaty food meant for them. My question is rather if it is more healthy for him to not get fed meaty food regularly or if there even is a benefit to it.
Thank you for your help!

Aboynamedsous2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not an expert with herbivores but maybe nori would be a good choice. Most blennies with an exception for a couple don’t really have meat based diets.

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
I have a 20 gal tank with the main focus on LPS and only one fish, a tailspot blenny. My question is if I should feed him every now and then with meaty food or if the algae present in the tank are the best source of nutrients for the fish. I do target feed the corals Reefroids 3 times a week but I do not really broadcast feed otherwise.
The fish does not look malnourished or anything along the lines I just want to know the best diet for him as most of the time they are kept with other fish and will end up eating meaty food meant for them. My question is rather if it is more healthy for him to not get fed meaty food regularly or if there even is a benefit to it.
Thank you for your help!
My tailspot eats everything, I typically feed Vitalis platinum pellets and algae pellets along with frozen mysis.

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I did have a tail spot, I fed meaty foods daily and put Nori every 3rd day. He wound up dying of malnutrition which upset me... So maybe I am wrong, or maybe he was just super picky.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back