Feeding tentacles?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SCReef'n
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SCReef'n

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2018
Messages
1,329
Reaction score
6,054
Location
Waponi Woo
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these feeding tentacles on my ff? They come and go and only seems to come out of the new growth. I feed a mix of reefroids/goniopower/LRS/roe/and cyclops every day. Nitrates are 2-5 and phos is .01.

9C8EB73D-788A-4424-B13D-96ED6670C0E1.jpeg
 
Are these feeding tentacles on my ff? They come and go and only seems to come out of the new growth. I feed a mix of reefroids/goniopower/LRS/roe/and cyclops every day. Nitrates are 2-5 and phos is .01.

9C8EB73D-788A-4424-B13D-96ED6670C0E1.jpeg

Read up about mesenterial filaments (spelling?), the way I look at it is target feeding growth areas, just noting what mine do, they do it at damaged areas as well.
 
Read up about mesenterial filaments (spelling?), the way I look at it is target feeding growth areas, just noting what mine do, they do it at damaged areas as well.
Interesting. One article suggests that they deploy them to clear a path prior to new growth, stinging and/or eating anything in the way that might inhibit it’s ability to grow. This seems consistent with what I am seeing, it’s only sending them out from the base where it is in the process of encrusting the frag plug.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new