OP
OP
ASIN28

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lion king My zebra is doing awesome I got him on a 5 day feeding schedule now he’s getting big some I’m gonna go weekly soon. I want to feed him live fiddler crabs do I just feed them directly to him or drop like 2 in the tank and let him hunt them? I just don’t need them eating any coral

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lion king My zebra is doing awesome I got him on a 5 day feeding schedule now he’s getting big some I’m gonna go weekly soon. I want to feed him live fiddler crabs do I just feed them directly to him or drop like 2 in the tank and let him hunt them? I just don’t need them eating any coral

Drop in one at a time, make sure he sees them. While most will go bonkers you will get the occasional bum that just won't hunt. If you have other fish like triggers, puffers; you may need to target feed and use a feeding stick or net to keep the others away. They wont live long enough if they are not eaten right away to cause any damage. Keep an eye and if he diesn't take to it, remove it, they usually grab it before it hits the substrate. Make sure they are not too big, even though they can handle them, sometimes a captive gets a little intimidated until they get their confodence back.

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You could feed a live crawfish too. dropping it in is half the fun and wait for him to attack. Just make sure he sees it before you plop it. Maybe hold it in front of him with tongs before releasing. Ugh I miss mine, so jelly.

OP
OP
ASIN28

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drop in one at a time, make sure he sees them. While most will go bonkers you will get the occasional bum that just won't hunt. If you have other fish like triggers, puffers; you may need to target feed and use a feeding stick or net to keep the others away. They wont live long enough if they are not eaten right away to cause any damage. Keep an eye and if he diesn't take to it, remove it, they usually grab it before it hits the substrate. Make sure they are not too big, even though they can handle them, sometimes a captive gets a little intimidated until they get their confodence back.
Gotcha so really he should attack the hell out of it as soon as he sees it. I do not have any triggers or puffers or any fish that would compete with the eel for the crab. Should I feed the crab as like one of his feedings and feed multiple?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha so really he should attack the hell out of it as soon as he sees it. I do not have any triggers or puffers or any fish that would compete with the eel for the crab. Should I feed the crab as like one of his feedings and feed multiple?

You can include one or two into his normal feeding or feed multiple as his complete meal on his regular schedule.

Back