Feeding Zoas

hsp

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2023
Messages
220
Reaction score
114
Location
Sydney, Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering if I feed my Zoas appropriately. I broadcast feed every other day 10 ml Red Sea AB+ (20 doses during lights on) for my Red Sea Reefer Max G2+ 300 (Display Tank Volume - 246 Liters).
On the off days, I target feed PolypLab's Reef-Roids--is the amount OK? See the videos below. Thanks!




 
Last edited:
I don’t think that’s a bad thing provided your nutrients are not increasing, week over week.

Many think reef roids spike nutrient levels, but again, depends if your export functions are keeping up with input.

I don’t feed mine directly at all except a palythoa which has a good feeding response to larger prey.

Light lovers.
IMG_0377.jpeg
 
I seems to me that you fed them a little too close on the first video, but other than that, you seem to have it doing really good
 
I seems to me that you fed them a little too close on the first video, but other than that, you seem to have it doing really good
Thanks! I have since reduced the feeding amount quite a bit, as NO3 was up to 24 and PO4 up to 0.39 at one point. My DYI algae scrubber has since reduced it, and less feeding seems to have balanced it well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new