Feeding

Big_Mclargehuge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. I was just wondering what everyone's opinions on feeding are? I have a pair of clowns and a pair of blue gudgeon dartfish. Some things i read say that the dartfish should be fed a couple times a day. Currently I've been feeding once a day a full cube of emerald entree. I use to alternate between that and mysis but i ran out of mysis recently. Anyway how much do you guys feed and how often? Thanks!

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pair of clown, midus blenny,fire fish, small purple tang, small yellow watchman feed 1 cube 3x per day and pellets 1x and pinch of mixed greens algae a day

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a rather larger setup, but I feed twice daily, with each feeding subdivided into two or three smaller feedings.

I'll put about two cubes worth of LRS into a tumbler-full of RO/DI or tankwater to thaw, along with a cube of whatever else is on the menu for the evening feeding (I've been using San Francisco Bay's variety packs - Marine and Reef - each contains four different foods, including capelin eggs, calanus, Emerald Entree, Marine Cuisine and Mysis) then pour small amounts of that mixture into either the tank or the sump. (My return then carries the water and food up into the tank, where it blasts out from one of four nozzles. Keeps anyone from goaltending.)

Some days, if I'm home, I'll drop a few pellets in around midday, and on other days I'll hang a steamer clam in the current, and just let everybody go to town on it. It'll be an empty shell by time for the evening feeding. Other days, I'll stick a couple of clips of nori on the front glass.

~B.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 clowns and a royal gramma, I feed up to 5 times a day, loads of different types of frozen foods, they have their favourites but seem to enjoy most frozen foods, mysis seems to be one they only eat if really hungry though so I’ve stopped buying that one.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current lineup of fish include 6 wrasses, 2 clowns, a starry blenny, and a flame back angel.

I feed a pinch or 2 of NLS pellets in the AM, and 2 cubes of PE msysis or equivalent in LRS.

Basically pellets in the AM(just so easy to toss in on my way out the door to work), and frozen in the PM.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 154 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 27.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 88 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.7%
Back