Feeding

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi: I am wondering how you go about feeding fish with different diet needs. I have 2 clowns, and am about to put in a yellow tang. There is no algae in my tank, and am intending to feed it seaweed for now. Any thoughts?

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I like to feed a few different things to help supply the right nutrition. Rods food, LRS fish frenzy, TDO chromaboost & freeze dried mysis soaked in selcon. These are all really good foods & there are more out there. Also as you stated Nori is great for the tangs and other fish. I like to feed nori every other day. Hope this helps :)

OP
OP
Freenow54

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to feed a few different things to help supply the right nutrition. Rods food, LRS fish frenzy, TDO chromaboost & freeze dried mysis soaked in selcon. These are all really good foods & there are more out there. Also as you stated Nori is great for the tangs and other fish. I like to feed nori every other day. Hope this helps :)
Sorry what is selcon?

OP
OP
Freenow54

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tangs love ocean nutrition red and green algae. Meaty seafood is like candy to them. They all graze algae all day so having a new tank without algae is probably not ideal.
Thanks. Also found a product with 3 types of algea in it specifically for quarantined fish, which is what I am doing with my tang now $350 tang gag

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in addition to the above, I hatch and feed live baby brine shrimp once or twice a week. I culture copepods, so they get copepod snacks once in a while.

OP
OP
Freenow54

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to you all. I have frozen misis now from Canada which was recommended by Bulk Reef Supply. Seaweed, and as I mentioned a three algae blend. It does not seem interested in eating much had a rough day yesterday. Hope that changes soon

OP
OP
Freenow54

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well good news. Put in some of the 3 in 1 algae No Go. Put in some pellets form the guy that sold me the fish picked at it. Put in some Omega seaweed it was a feeding frenzy. Cant wait to try some shrimp

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sorry what is selcon?

OP
OP
Freenow54

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in addition to the above, I hatch and feed live baby brine shrimp once or twice a week. I culture copepods, so they get copepod snacks once in a while.
I am just starting my new tank. Could you educate me as to the benefits of copepods? Also would very much like to know how you culture them. I thought they were to be added to the sump why I don't know
Regards: Wally

HermitFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just starting my new tank. Could you educate me as to the benefits of copepods? Also would very much like to know how you culture them. I thought they were to be added to the sump why I don't know
Regards: Wally
They are part of the clean up crew plus they provide a great source of live food for mandafins.

OP
OP
Freenow54

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some Canadian as recommended by BRS mysis, and at your suggestion selcon. Looking forward to doing it

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back