Feeling blue about AI Prime Presets

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just bought a Prime HD 16 to replace my standard Evo canopy light, which fried itself after a year of service. Despite some tinkering, and dowloading the AI nano and Saxby presets, I've only approximated a ghastly " cheesy '80s hospital teen slasher" aesthetic. It's flickery and awful, and way too blue for my liking. It's just so much less attractive than the stock Evo lighting. Is this just the modern taste? Did AI change its equipment? I bought a pair of used Primes for my RSR 350 a year ago, and the lighting is so much more natural and warm. Before I ditch the experts' advice, I'd be interested in thoughts on wheteher or not the presets are useful at all.

laezur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the settings I run for mine, I snatched them from a BRS video based on my tank size. It has a nice blue tint but is actually mostly white, while still allowing the corals to pop. Maybe you’ll like them.
F02F05C0-A525-4C0E-A347-E9E6D17E47FD.png

J.D.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run this on a 20 AIO, works very well on softies and LPS, AI has a section on the website where you can view and download lighting profiles you like.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220507-172145_myAI.jpg
    Screenshot_20220507-172145_myAI.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 91

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just bought a Prime HD 16 to replace my standard Evo canopy light, which fried itself after a year of service. Despite some tinkering, and dowloading the AI nano and Saxby presets, I've only approximated a ghastly " cheesy '80s hospital teen slasher" aesthetic. It's flickery and awful, and way too blue for my liking. It's just so much less attractive than the stock Evo lighting. Is this just the modern taste? Did AI change its equipment? I bought a pair of used Primes for my RSR 350 a year ago, and the lighting is so much more natural and warm. Before I ditch the experts' advice, I'd be interested in thoughts on wheteher or not the presets are useful at all.

Why not just play with the settings to get something you like? I think the presets are kinda goofy sometimes.

SilvermistInc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an FYI. If you go to the lighting section of your AI app, and select edit. At the top right corner there's an icon. Click it, and you'll be able to select a full spectrum preset. That should help you decide on something *other* than the cancerous actinic setups that most people choose.

My favorite for fowlr tanks is 12k. Then for reef tanks, 14k.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back