Feeling blue about AI Prime Presets

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2020
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
3,190
Location
Peace River, Alberta
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just bought a Prime HD 16 to replace my standard Evo canopy light, which fried itself after a year of service. Despite some tinkering, and dowloading the AI nano and Saxby presets, I've only approximated a ghastly " cheesy '80s hospital teen slasher" aesthetic. It's flickery and awful, and way too blue for my liking. It's just so much less attractive than the stock Evo lighting. Is this just the modern taste? Did AI change its equipment? I bought a pair of used Primes for my RSR 350 a year ago, and the lighting is so much more natural and warm. Before I ditch the experts' advice, I'd be interested in thoughts on wheteher or not the presets are useful at all.
 
These are the settings I run for mine, I snatched them from a BRS video based on my tank size. It has a nice blue tint but is actually mostly white, while still allowing the corals to pop. Maybe you’ll like them.
F02F05C0-A525-4C0E-A347-E9E6D17E47FD.png
 
I run this on a 20 AIO, works very well on softies and LPS, AI has a section on the website where you can view and download lighting profiles you like.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20220507-172145_myAI.jpg
    Screenshot_20220507-172145_myAI.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 173
Here is my 20g nano cube running 2 16hds.
Settings:
UV-V 140%
RB-B 125%
R-G 6%
W 31%
1hr ramp up 10hrs peak 1hr ramp down. Total 12hrs
I run the same settings on my 36x24x12 frag system with 3 16hds.
20220505_160330.jpg
20220503_114006.jpg
 
I've just bought a Prime HD 16 to replace my standard Evo canopy light, which fried itself after a year of service. Despite some tinkering, and dowloading the AI nano and Saxby presets, I've only approximated a ghastly " cheesy '80s hospital teen slasher" aesthetic. It's flickery and awful, and way too blue for my liking. It's just so much less attractive than the stock Evo lighting. Is this just the modern taste? Did AI change its equipment? I bought a pair of used Primes for my RSR 350 a year ago, and the lighting is so much more natural and warm. Before I ditch the experts' advice, I'd be interested in thoughts on wheteher or not the presets are useful at all.


Why not just play with the settings to get something you like? I think the presets are kinda goofy sometimes.
 
Just an FYI. If you go to the lighting section of your AI app, and select edit. At the top right corner there's an icon. Click it, and you'll be able to select a full spectrum preset. That should help you decide on something *other* than the cancerous actinic setups that most people choose.

My favorite for fowlr tanks is 12k. Then for reef tanks, 14k.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new