Felicia's 40B Mixed-Reef Predator Tank

This tank is what inspired me to get into the hobby!
 
I love your tank. I actually just had my whole tank die from ich and other sources. I saw your video on youtube and I think I am going to try to incorporate your style into my tank. I love the soft coral and gorgs! Do you think I could mimic your livestock in my 50G tank?
 
Not sure if necro posting is a thing in this forum but I want to say how awesome the setup is! I’m joking to try and borrow some ideas in my 40B I have set up as a second tank to my main 75g reef build.

My goal will be to use a HOB filter and not as full a setup as my 75g. We shall see. My main question is on stocking and order. What order did you add fish in? Did you add everything else first then a juvenile lion so it didn’t try to eat anything else between everyone else having territory already and the lion being smaller than most?

I also see you don’t have a lid. Have you ever had an issue with your eel trying to get out? I’d like to get one but between concerns of it eating others and getting out I’ve shied away. My list so far would be a pair of midnight lightning clowns, snowflake eel, convict tang and the dwarf lion, maybe a spotted puffer.

Cheers!
 
@FeliciaLynn where are you? Is this stank still running? We need updates and more of your Awesome photos!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new