Felicia's 40B Mixed-Reef Predator Tank

jgvergo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is what inspired me to get into the hobby!

Jake Tully

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love your tank. I actually just had my whole tank die from ich and other sources. I saw your video on youtube and I think I am going to try to incorporate your style into my tank. I love the soft coral and gorgs! Do you think I could mimic your livestock in my 50G tank?

saxplaya

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if necro posting is a thing in this forum but I want to say how awesome the setup is! I’m joking to try and borrow some ideas in my 40B I have set up as a second tank to my main 75g reef build.

My goal will be to use a HOB filter and not as full a setup as my 75g. We shall see. My main question is on stocking and order. What order did you add fish in? Did you add everything else first then a juvenile lion so it didn’t try to eat anything else between everyone else having territory already and the lion being smaller than most?

I also see you don’t have a lid. Have you ever had an issue with your eel trying to get out? I’d like to get one but between concerns of it eating others and getting out I’ve shied away. My list so far would be a pair of midnight lightning clowns, snowflake eel, convict tang and the dwarf lion, maybe a spotted puffer.

Cheers!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back