Female clown acting weird

fotuskyt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home from work and the female has been just chillin here. Is this considered gasping for air?? She did have white stringy poop the other day. The male clown and blenny are acting completely normal. Trying not to panic lol please help and tell me what to do. @Jay Hemdal

Attachments

• IMG_9058.MOV
    68.8 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Came home from work and the female has been just chillin here. Is this considered gasping for air?? She did have white stringy poop the other day. The male clown and blenny are acting completely normal. Trying not to panic lol please help and tell me what to do. @Jay Hemdal
Clown appears normal as you stated " Chilling". There is a bit of microbubbles from powerhead. Not unusual for clowns to hang in corner and at night head upwards as long as they are eating and breathing normal. Often aggression is associated with this behavior but does not appear to be the case.
When you feed, she should come out of corner for a meal.
Heavy mucus often is associated with white feces as her body mass seems good. If feeding fatty foods such as mysis and even brine shrimp.... may be a contributor. Add TDO Pellets or spectrum pellets in addition to LRS fish frenzy food to diet and you should feces change in color

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol I feel like a helicopter parent at this point

I don't see anything alarming in the videos - but always watch your fish closely for "ADR" - "Ain't Doin Right".

Way to often we get posts here where the fish has been sick for days/weeks, and then it's too late to do anything.....

Jay

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%

Back