Female Clownfish started attacking me?

finnq86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my clown pair for 6 years now and they’ve gone through 4 tank upgrades and “downgrades” while I’ve had them. When I say “downgrades” I mean I got them when I had a 35g hex tank, after 2 years I upgraded to a 75g, a year or so after that I upgraded to a 300g tank (off topic but this tank is my “one that got away, wish I never left her” tank) from there I had a 16g cube nano tank that was all theirs. From there to a 100g cube for little over a year, to a 32g biocube for another year or so, to now a 60g cube. Were now 2 months into the 60g and these last 3 days she’s been in attack mode to only me??? She’s coming to the feeding panel when I come to the tank and if I open it she’ll start hitting the surface I’m at as if it’s my hand in the tank. I’ve never seen this behavior before in any of my fish but for her after all these years of seeing me I can’t put a finger on it. Tested the water each day in case she’s trying to tell me something but nothings out of whack. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 73812090803__04C4215F-5895-4530-A29A-9BF5DD947142.MOV
    1.6 MB
OP
OP
finnq86

finnq86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now realizing that’s more than “4 tank changes” lol but that’s besides the point. Never had an issue with her unless I was near a hosted area of hers

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being a typical clownfish. I had a tomato for over a decade that would draw blood every time put my hand in the tank.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I’ve had my clown pair for 6 years now and they’ve gone through 4 tank upgrades and “downgrades” while I’ve had them. When I say “downgrades” I mean I got them when I had a 35g hex tank, after 2 years I upgraded to a 75g, a year or so after that I upgraded to a 300g tank (off topic but this tank is my “one that got away, wish I never left her” tank) from there I had a 16g cube nano tank that was all theirs. From there to a 100g cube for little over a year, to a 32g biocube for another year or so, to now a 60g cube. Were now 2 months into the 60g and these last 3 days she’s been in attack mode to only me??? She’s coming to the feeding panel when I come to the tank and if I open it she’ll start hitting the surface I’m at as if it’s my hand in the tank. I’ve never seen this behavior before in any of my fish but for her after all these years of seeing me I can’t put a finger on it. Tested the water each day in case she’s trying to tell me something but nothings out of whack. Any ideas?
Typical female clown being territorial and will likely not stop the biting

PharmrJohn

Picking Up My Trumpet Again After 35 Years!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I briefly had a huge female Maroon Clown that was mean as a snake. Clowns… never again.
I've only ever had one Maroon and she was mellow yellow (to quote a Donovan tune). From what I've been hearing, she was the exception, rather than the rule.

Abarge16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both my clowns male and female more so the male have become hyper aggressive to me but I honestly think its funny that they attack me as soon i trespass their domain

OP
OP
finnq86

finnq86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never bled from the ****ers but don’t worry over the years and the amount of tank changes I’ve given the 2 of them I guess I see what she’s saying ‍♂️ waiting to find another anemone for them but they’ve never wanted to host anything but caulerpa

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 47 43.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 55 50.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 6.4%
Back