femininus wrasse

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, you don't need two to keep one from transitioning. Femininus doesn't transition to male as often as some other wrasses do. Your femininus female may never transition to male.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will i need to buy 2 of these to keep 1 female?
As said above, anampses and Macropharyngodon don’t transition as often as some of the other species so you do not need several to have a female. Of course some species will break that rule and may transition however Anampses femininus will most likely remain female for the rest of her life if you did try one with the current stock you have. Personally I don’t recommend attempting it with the fact you have two large tangs that are notoriously aggressive with a fish that ideally needs the peaceful introduction and often can’t cope with stress even when established.

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As said above, anampses and Macropharyngodon don’t transition as often as some of the other species so you do not need several to have a female. Of course some species will break that rule and may transition however Anampses femininus will most likely remain female for the rest of her life if you did try one with the current stock you have. Personally I don’t recommend attempting it with the fact you have two large tangs that are notoriously aggressive with a fish that ideally needs the peaceful introduction and often can’t cope with stress even when established.
wouldn't be the tangs that bothered the wrasse would be the lemonpeel angel

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wouldn't be the tangs that bothered the wrasse would be the lemonpeel angel
Personally, I wouldn’t risk it either way unless using an acclimation box which can also stress out the fish unless given a sand bed to burry into.
The tangs can turn any second and each new introduction can change how each fish behaves. My CBB used to be the most peaceful and it was the tang that was the worst but now it’s completely changed.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back