Few bristleworm in QT

  • Thread starter Thread starter PeterEde
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Bristle worms are an intergral part of any reef system and good scavenges. That being said, you can have too much of a good thing. I've had a couple instances over hte years where there were so many they easily accounted for a significant portion of the animal biomass numbering in the dozens or hundreds. I'm of the mindset now if I can see them they need to be removed to control numbers.
 
Bristle worms are an intergral part of any reef system and good scavenges. That being said, you can have too much of a good thing. I've had a couple instances over hte years where there were so many they easily accounted for a significant portion of the animal biomass numbering in the dozens or hundreds. I'm of the mindset now if I can see them they need to be removed to control numbers.
I had a couple of large ones in the main tank that I've not seen in a while. 6 line wrasse and coral banded done the job?
 
Maybe? Could be they getting enough food they're not needing to come out when the lights are on. I don't try to completely eradicate them as they are good scavengers but they do make up a part of the animal biomass that is using up oxygen and making CO2. If there's enough to see and catch I see it as redcuing the biomass and nutreint export and getting rid of something that's fairly ugly. ;)
 
I dropped a arrow crab in the sump as I was having to wear a glove to remove the chaeto to keep it growing - too many numb spots on my fingers and hands.

still where the glove, but when I forget, its not an issue

not sure a arrow would tackle a biggin like the one in the photo - but keeps them from getting out of balance
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new