Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CA33E08D-7380-4828-8D27-5E190E5D2812.jpeg

gonzo620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow beautiful, I need a camera like yours to get the nice details in the pick the clearity is amazing
What kind of camera did you use?
upload_2018-8-7_19-42-26.gif

No special camera just my iPhone 7 or 8 + can’t remember which one. Lol. T5 only lights makes cell phone photos easy.
Very nice collection!!! What are the blue zoas to the right called?
Thank you thank you. Blue guys are Tubbs Blue.

gonzo620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you just let them grow all over your rocks? I may have to get a 40g breeder just to get as many different zoas and let them go crazy.
Not over all my rocks. I have a zoa garden. I keep it trimmed anc in check. Here’s an older pic before the colonies began to touch.
4D4D1BA9-4EE7-4195-8C7F-1674124D7037.jpeg

I like how this thread started let’s see that field of zoas.

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not over all my rocks. I have a zoa garden. I keep it trimmed anc in check. Here’s an older pic before the colonies began to touch.

Idk why but I just love zoas. Wish my rock cycle would hurry up so I can get my 100 gallon going. Thinking about having a few islands in the sand for zoa islands.

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That’s a beautiful looking tank , I wish I had the time to trim up my zoas but with my hectic all work schedule I don’t have the time. I gotta do something eventually cause they really are taking over a lot of live rock. I might just have to get a bigger tank :D

gonzo620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @FugeTown I’ve always been fortunate enough time wise to be able to reach in to trim. Some time I just put it on the schedule ( tell the wife). Lol I’ll be in the tank most of day. Do a water change trim zoas, trim the GSP, trim the Pulsing Xenia , cut mushrooms, etc.
Good Stuff u gots there gonzo620. Lookin smooth, like it a lot!!
Thanks Michael, appreciate the kind words.

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a small field on bare bottom. @gonzo620 @FugeTown awesome pics guys.
Screenshot_20180809-063946_Gallery.jpg
Sweet, looks like rastas if I’m not mistaken on the right. You guys are giving me ideas for another island in the front of my tank I just get paranoid trimming my zoas cause of the chance of palytoxin poison. I wear safety goggles and gloves when I make frags but I’m a sheet metal worker so my finesse skills aren’t as good as some others. Check out this quick sketch of what I’m thinking about not only to have a separate island for my zoas but to creat more room for future acroporas (my new addiction lol)
Lights are still ramping up so the colors look pretty dull in the pic
C9EA1EE1-940B-4DFE-AB64-624278AB9B60.jpeg

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice that’s a cool idea for a zoa garden, even though mine is is kinda a zoa growing like weeds look it took about a year to cover all that area. To be honest I used to struggle with growing zoas until I began to feed them reef roids. I never had the idea to feed them until I bought a fruit loop frag from wwc and it came with a little sample of it so I figured why not try the sample of roids lol.

TankLife86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice that’s a cool idea for a zoa garden, even though mine is is kinda a zoa growing like weeds look it took about a year to cover all that area. To be honest I used to struggle with growing zoas until I began to feed them reef roids. I never had the idea to feed them until I bought a fruit loop frag from wwc and it came with a little sample of it so I figured why not try the sample of roids lol.
That's cool! I feed mine coral frenzy and they seem to love it! I dont want mine necessarily to grow out as much as I want them to get bigger since they're smaller than a dime. Reef roids from poly lab?

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's cool! I feed mine coral frenzy and they seem to love it! I dont want mine necessarily to grow out as much as I want them to get bigger since they're smaller than a dime. Reef roids from poly lab?
Yea poly lab, my zoas have always been smaller than a dime , I used to have a type that was bigger which I believe were called artic ice but they seriously grew too fast so I got rid of them. The tangerine colored zoas in DSC Reefs pic looks like a bigger polyp zoa which I wouldn’t mind in my tank though not sure what kind it is though possibly bam bams?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 52.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.1%
Back