Fighting blue star wrasses

RaymondsWorlddd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a Red Sea Reefer 350

I purchased a female blue star leopard wrasse on Jan 26. Shortly after I added a tail spot wrasse (not sure if this has anything to do with the question. I am certain now that the female leopard wrasse has transitioned to a male. Idk if the tail spot wrasse had anything to do with it. I really liked the leopard wrasse as a female so I decided to purchase another female wrasse in hopes that they would get along and it would stay female. Shortly after introducing it to the tank, the male leopard wrasse and the tail spot wrasse have been chasing it. And this is a different type of chase than I’ve seen before. The female is currently buried in the sand. Is this normal or was this a bad idea on my part?

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea Reefer 350

I purchased a female blue star leopard wrasse on Jan 26. Shortly after I added a tail spot wrasse (not sure if this has anything to do with the question. I am certain now that the female leopard wrasse has transitioned to a male. Idk if the tail spot wrasse had anything to do with it. I really liked the leopard wrasse as a female so I decided to purchase another female wrasse in hopes that they would get along and it would stay female. Shortly after introducing it to the tank, the male leopard wrasse and the tail spot wrasse have been chasing it. And this is a different type of chase than I’ve seen before. The female is currently buried in the sand. Is this normal or was this a bad idea on my part?
Normal? Fish do the darndest things and normal, in a closed environment, does not necessarily correspond to "normal" in the wild. Let things settle for a while and hope for the best. Or, just rehome the poor girl.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back