Fighting Conch in bare bottom

Earl Karl

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 29, 2017
Messages
911
Reaction score
521
Location
Under your bed.
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a bare bottom tank so one day I can have encrusting corals all over the bottom. But for now, it's just bare bottom. I am a big fan of the fighting conch, however, I don't know if it would do well without sand. Can someone confirm this?
 
So I have a bare bottom tank so one day I can have encrusting corals all over the bottom. But for now, it's just bare bottom. I am a big fan of the fighting conch, however, I don't know if it would do well without sand. Can someone confirm this?
It's possible that it may do okay, but the conch does burrow in sand/cc/rock when it isn't eating, and also when it is working on growing.
I have never had a conch in a BB tank personally though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new