Fiji blue spot puffer reef safe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefer302
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefer302

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2020
Messages
131
Reaction score
70
Location
Washington
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers, I've got a waterbox 100.3 100 total volume, but 70 gallon display which is what matters lol. I've got a flame angel, 2 damsel (the nice ones) talbot and azure, and two clowns, sadly the foxface in the picture is no more :( that's just the only picture I had. I was wondering if a fiji blue spot puffer would be feasible. I've got softies and LPS mainly worried about the big elegance ik they'll take out the shrimp I'd just move them to another tank if I do add the puffer, but will a blue spot destroy my corals? Or just nibble from time to time?

Screenshot_20230403_103712_Gallery.jpg
 
Hello reefers, I've got a waterbox 100.3 100 total volume, but 70 gallon display which is what matters lol. I've got a flame angel, 2 damsel (the nice ones) talbot and azure, and two clowns, sadly the foxface in the picture is no more :( that's just the only picture I had. I was wondering if a fiji blue spot puffer would be feasible. I've got softies and LPS mainly worried about the big elegance ik they'll take out the shrimp I'd just move them to another tank if I do add the puffer, but will a blue spot destroy my corals? Or just nibble from time to time?

Screenshot_20230403_103712_Gallery.jpg
A follow up question I've heard people talk about puffers "nuking" the tank when they die would a blue spot do that? or do people just have puffers confused with boxfish?
 
THAT ELEGANCE THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not an expert on puffer, but I think the short answer is no.
That's sorta what I expected. I'm always trying to get stuff that I shouldn't lol not worth risking that elegance tbh idk what type of corals they like to munch on tho
THAT ELEGANCE THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not an expert on puffer, but I think the short answer is no.
 
A follow up question I've heard people talk about puffers "nuking" the tank when they die would a blue spot do that? or do people just have puffers confused with boxfish?
Most puffers are not reef safe. I dont know the specifics on that one, but better safe then sorry. Most puffers carry tetrodotoxin. Will it "nuke" tank probably not. If it dies and you let it rot away in there maybe....
 
Sharpnose puffers will definitely eat you cuc, but aside from that they can eat any coral they decide to. but several people do keep them in reefs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new