Fiji Cube 30

merluscipo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience with the Fiji Cube 30? I'm looking to upgrade from a Fluval Evo 13.5. Looking for lighting, heating and return pump suggestions. And also general info on Fiji as a company.

TIA!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the fiji 24. It is a good sump. My only complaint is the lack of sponge to catch macroalgae. I got a thin sponge from petco and its held in place buy thewater flowing to the return. I have my macroalgae in the skimmer section as I have no need for a skimmer. For a return pump I really like my current eflux. As for lighting, and heating, what size tank are you upgrading to?

OP
OP
merluscipo

merluscipo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the fiji 24. It is a good sump. My only complaint is the lack of sponge to catch macroalgae. I got a thin sponge from petco and its held in place buy thewater flowing to the return. I have my macroalgae in the skimmer section as I have no need for a skimmer. For a return pump I really like my current eflux. As for lighting, and heating, what size tank are you upgrading to?
I'm actually using it as a proper tank. The ones I'm looking at are all in ones, like the fluval Evo I have now.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh my bad I thought you meant the fiji 30 sump. I think that you would definitely save money by using one of their aio boxes instead but could you share a link to the tank you are looking at? I can only find the 32.

OP
OP
merluscipo

merluscipo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh my bad I thought you meant the fiji 30 sump. I think that you would definitely save money by using one of their aio boxes instead but could you share a link to the tank you are looking at? I can only find the 32.
That's the one actually. The 32g aio.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a price range in mind for the light and an idea of what corals you want?

OP
OP
merluscipo

merluscipo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a price range in mind for the light and an idea of what corals you want?
Around 200-250 for the light. I currently have a gsp, a couple zoa gardens, a Xenia, and a hammer. Planning on adding maybe some torches, brains, along those lines.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Around 200-250 for the light. I currently have a gsp, a couple zoa gardens, a Xenia, and a hammer. Planning on adding maybe some torches, brains, along those lines.

I would say that the Red Sea reef LED 50 is right in there and it is a great light. However, there are some cheaper ones that I have been trying to learn about, such as the Asta 120 which looks promising.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 44 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.3%
Back