OP
gig 'em

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pictures and thanks for sharing. I have not been diving in so long and makes me want to go.

Think those Haddonis can handle allot of light? They are in what 6 inches of water?
If I remember correctly it was in ankle deep water. Nearly stepped on it while walking around. I can imagine some can be exposed to air at low tide.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those little clowns are adorable!! Anyone know what type those are? I love
I've been diving and snorkeling in Fiji this week. Thought I would share some of my favorite pictures!
59c89007091c5d88ac0cb50c52740b4a.jpg

I love anemones, so you'll probably see more photos of them than anything...

Saw a couple S. mertensii anemones. These things are HUGE in the wild!!
c89ec0c60e76da1ba9dfab800967e89e.jpg

db6bf033251e8555c8303e411114f684.jpg

BTAs, as usual making their home in the center of coral colonies [emoji23]
8dd9cf2ee0c5c7d77417f69e329b16a4.jpg

Haddoni anemones are found so shallow in the
7bbddfece94108fcf62e3e46bd20cb8d.jpg

Huge tabling acro colony
0fd91f91ec69e8314d935adabfcbc6f3.jpg

Beautiful color combo of these Christmas tree worms, maroon and white!
6343e2cec9eb792ad55d86afccf0f5d2.jpg

824f96989d49fbd87d5ff4cfb03d1220.jpg

Found a zoa colony under a rock outcrop half exposed to air during low tide. Also a surprising amount of flow going over them.
f747c6a6e1b85bbf4ad6cc9be7a2ed9e.jpg

A "high end" mont, aka M. palawanensis
3fc693a533cca0dd2aad2b94362b7f34.jpg
that
Good stuff man. Thx for sharing. I need to get certified stat!
I want to as well but im in Canada and cold-water diving isnt exactly the most fun. No corals, cold water, big scary fish if there is any. I love though how the hobby extends into nature itself, proving that most people who love this hobby love it because of their love for the ocean. Thats why I got into it. I live in the middle of nowhere so i had to bring the ocean to me XD. I love those little clowns in the carpet anemone. What species are those? They look really small. ALso, is that a torch or a BTA in pic three? The grey one. Thanks dude will be following this page

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thank you for sharing. I love these posts, wish they weren't as rare as they are especially from Fiji. Enough with "help me pick out my fish" posts and more of these!!

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If I remember correctly it was in ankle deep water. Nearly stepped on it while walking around. I can imagine some can be exposed to air at low tide.

Yea I have seen pictures of them out of the water at low tide or sitting in a small pool at low tide and that water must heat up dramatically. Same with sps I have seen so many pictures of SPS out of the water at low tide backing in direct sunlight. They got to be so tuff to handle that but the minute you put them in a plastic bag to ship them they are not so tolerant anymore.

OP
OP
gig 'em

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those little clowns are adorable!! Anyone know what type those are? I love

that

I want to as well but im in Canada and cold-water diving isnt exactly the most fun. No corals, cold water, big scary fish if there is any. I love though how the hobby extends into nature itself, proving that most people who love this hobby love it because of their love for the ocean. Thats why I got into it. I live in the middle of nowhere so i had to bring the ocean to me XD. I love those little clowns in the carpet anemone. What species are those? They look really small. ALso, is that a torch or a BTA in pic three? The grey one. Thanks dude will be following this page
The little black fish are actually domino damsels. Pretty, but nasty little territorial fish in captivity.

OP
OP
gig 'em

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I have seen pictures of them out of the water at low tide or sitting in a small pool at low tide and that water must heat up dramatically. Same with sps I have seen so many pictures of SPS out of the water at low tide backing in direct sunlight. They got to be so tuff to handle that but the minute you put them in a plastic bag to ship them they are not so tolerant anymore.
Yeah, corals aren't nearly as healthy and resilient as a lot of the ones in the wild. I imagine environmental conditions or diet has a lot to do with it

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back