OP
gig 'em

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing. I am in the process of getting certified. Any advice for a beginning SCUBA diver?

Yeah, relax!! Everyone I've ever dove with successfully has one thing in common, they're relaxed. Everyone who has had issues and couldn't complete the dive were a nervous wreck. My wife is a prime example. Our first dives together in Tahiti were fine and we had no issues. After a couple of years of not diving, the next time she came out with me she was nervous since it had been so long for her. She knew everything and reviewed everything, but she just wasn't putting complete faith in her equipment. Because of that she couldn't get herself to breath slowly and relax, we had to resurface several times before getting her down successfully on our second dive.

So my advice is just check your equipment before you dive, verify everything is in proper working condition, do your buddy check, trust your buddy and your equipment, and relax and enjoy the views! Having confidence in your equipment is key. Best of luck! And I hope you take some great photos [emoji16]

FlamingGrapes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, relax!! Everyone I've ever dove with successfully has one thing in common, they're relaxed. Everyone who has had issues and couldn't complete the dive were a nervous wreck. My wife is a prime example. Our first dives together in Tahiti were fine and we had no issues. After a couple of years of not diving, the next time she came out with me she was nervous since it had been so long for her. She knew everything and reviewed everything, but she just wasn't putting complete faith in her equipment. Because of that she couldn't get herself to breath slowly and relax, we had to resurface several times before getting her down successfully on our second dive.

So my advice is just check your equipment before you dive, verify everything is in proper working condition, do your buddy check, trust your buddy and your equipment, and relax and enjoy the views! Having confidence in your equipment is key. Best of luck! And I hope you take some great photos [emoji16]
Appreciate the advice

OP
OP
gig 'em

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the funds...

Yeah it's not cheap, I'm blessed that I can rack up hotel and airline points through my job. Fiji can be cheap if you do it right though. Fiji Airways from LAX can have some very competitive fares and Fiji itself is cheap if you stay away from the fine resorts.

Larz_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!
Where in Fiji is this.
My wife and I are planning a trip to Taveuni for my 50th B-day next July and I am planning on getting my PADI open water certification there.

joeyvu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, beautiful photos. What camera did you use? I was never able to get the clear shot like you when I snorkelling. :((

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been diving and snorkeling in Fiji this week. Thought I would share some of my favorite pictures!

Haddoni anemones are found so shallow in the water during low tide!
edf65cf86b98c94a924e96327bbdc660.jpg

I think I know where this spot here (picture above). Is this right by the InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort?

Meredith Brouillette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
weel this is a sight for sore eyes. Thanks for giving us a glance. I think I will never be able to go diving because of my health issues so pictures like these really cheer me up :)

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great pictures and thanks for sharing. I have not been diving in so long and makes me want to go.

Think those Haddonis can handle allot of light? They are in what 6 inches of water?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 66 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back