~Fijicube 18.5 peninsula RFA build~

FOO-CAT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the build quality of Fiji cube tanks. My 22.4 cube is solid.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well last week was busy on the new house reno, GF parents where in town so tank was on auto pilot. it's not a bad things as it gave it one more week of being cycled.
I added 5 drops of ammoniona so the Bac. had something to work on prob. not needed but it's easier than "ghost feeding "

placed an order for the IM 326 return pump and the VCA's RFG this am so that will be in next week. I do hope it fits. it will be close. I am hoping with the RFG and the pulse mode the the RT I will not need a PH in the DT.

hoping to place an order of RFA this coming week!

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got around to doing a bit if work in the tank! Got the ATO set up was gonna go with a 2 gal glass cookie jar but I had a new 10 gal. With custom glass lid that I got just for this purpose. Did not fit in the stand but I was able to hide it behind a chair!

I don't even think the GF will notice :D

The Brs order should be here on Fri excited to try the new return pump and RFG!

20190925_133427.jpg 20190925_134436.jpg

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's a large ATO for a Nano but i had it, it fit and the ATO has never fail on my in 3 years of having it. I have about 8 gallons on h2o in the res.

I evap quite a bit here so lets see how long that lasts me and will adjust as needed.

on a side note I should be ordering some life for the tank on Monday.

keep you all posted, the tank is starting to come together nicely :)

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that was an epic fail...
I knew the IM pump would not fit with the guard on but was pretty sure it would fit with out. Could not find the measurements online. So I ordered it along with the VCA GFG.

The pump is to big and can't fit the length or with as there is a baffle. Boo

And to top it off the Rfg does not fit the lock line another boo

So that was an epic flow upgrade fail.

20190929_141911.jpg 20190929_141959.jpg

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I never got around to ordering the RFA maybe I will tomorrow?
still deciding on what to do with the IM retuen pump. that one is such a bummer. :( so nothing really changed beside a cop rocks fell when I was messing under the stand.

I did decide on a DIY screen top...for now maybe there well be some good sales on BF how knows? even if I do order one then it will still be 4-6 weeks out. so I got some black Tulle fabric I saw this a while ago and it looks sleek. I also have 1/4" white netting from BRS if I dont dig the look.
order up some black window screen frame and got some corner ket with a flange so by end of week or early next I'll have a screen top on the fiji cube!

hopefully they get the corner keys out to morrow and they arrive by weds or Thursday.

other than that not much else to report other than it's already snowed here in the Tetons :eek: but today was nice.

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad on the IM MightyJet. They are nice pumps for nanos. Black tulle or a custom clear view lid would be nice. Then again depending on your fish, you may not need a lid

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad on the IM MightyJet. They are nice pumps for nanos. Black tulle or a custom clear view lid would be nice. Then again depending on your fish, you may not need a lid

i thought about not having a lid, however we have a cat and that the tank is low and very easy access for her alone a lid is needed.

also plan to have 3 fish and 1 is a known jumper, the purple fire fish.
so i'll go with the DIY lid and see if there are any sale on nicer ones.

yeah I am really bumbed on the Im mighty jet. the pulse mode along with a RFG was gonna be my flow.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update time!

I am working on the DIY lid as we speak more on that in a bit.
it's a Thulle screen top with screen frame and corner keys with flanges..

But the EXCITING NEWS is I just placed an order for 20 ultra RFA!!

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well the RFA are settling in most have stayed where I bit them a few have moved, but the was expected.

I do really need to get a lens for the phone to take so good pics.

Davin96

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you still using the fijicube pump? I have a 22 aio from them that came with their 304 pump and its pretty loud, how is yours? Its a tight fit for it too. I was thinking of getting a sicce syncra .5 to replace it for the noise. The fijicube pumps seem to just be a chinese version of the syncras.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you still using the fijicube pump? I have a 22 aio from them that came with their 304 pump and its pretty loud, how is yours? Its a tight fit for it too. I was thinking of getting a sicce syncra .5 to replace it for the noise. The fijicube pumps seem to just be a chinese version of the syncras.

yeah I am. it's med loud gotta keep the water level up in the last chamber that helps.
as you know I wanted to use the IM mighty jet pump really really wish that would have fit. I was rebating moding the pump to see if I could get it to fit but might mess up the pump. so I think I will send it back and was looking at the syncras .5 as well.

Davin96

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I am. it's med loud gotta keep the water level up in the last chamber that helps.
as you know I wanted to use the IM mighty jet pump really really wish that would have fit. I was rebating moding the pump to see if I could get it to fit but might mess up the pump. so I think I will send it back and was looking at the syncras .5 as well.
I might pull the trigger. I pulled it apart last night and cleaned it and got it back together as snug as i could but the rattle is just too much. My tank is also by my couch like yours. I asked them on facebook if they were gonna make any 1st chamber media baskets like intank and have not heard back from them. Might send an email. I was looking at the intabk basket made for the waterbox 20 since my tank is basically a clone of it but not sure how good the fit would be. The filyer pad/sock holder that fiji included is slightly too small and allows water to bypass

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 32 29.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back