OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might pull the trigger. I pulled it apart last night and cleaned it and got it back together as snug as i could but the rattle is just too much. My tank is also by my couch like yours. I asked them on facebook if they were gonna make any 1st chamber media baskets like intank and have not heard back from them. Might send an email. I was looking at the intabk basket made for the waterbox 20 since my tank is basically a clone of it but not sure how good the fit would be. The filyer pad/sock holder that fiji included is slightly too small and allows water to bypass

yeah that is my only complaints would be IMHO the return section is a bit small be nice if we could add a bit bigger pump. that is a personal preference tho.
I was wondering why they made the filter floss rack that small just make sure it all the way forward they you should not get any bypass. I even thought about bending a small piece of acrylic as a place hold for the back of it to keep it pushed forward.

yeah be really nice if that made a media basket for them.
I did ask inTank they said thay have no plans for Fiji cubes media basket at this time.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side shot of the tank:

IMG_0158.jpg

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful system! I have or have had a sicce syncra 0.5, 1.0, and 2.0 and can attest that these pumps are super quiet. Look up the measurements and see if you can fit the 1.5 in. It put out about 350 gph and would be a good fit for the vca nozzle. Next step would be to figure out how to the vca nozzle to your return. I know they make adapters for red sea and IM tanks but you may want to contact vca first and see what they say

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful system! I have or have had a sicce syncra 0.5, 1.0, and 2.0 and can attest that these pumps are super quiet. Look up the measurements and see if you can fit the 1.5 in. It put out about 350 gph and would be a good fit for the vca nozzle. Next step would be to figure out how to the vca nozzle to your return. I know they make adapters for red sea and IM tanks but you may want to contact vca first and see what they say

yeah I need to send back the mighty jet to BRS and get a Sicce pump it been on my list to do but have not done it for some unknown reason...I dont even have that good of excuse either...HAHA

I do hope the 1.5 will fit. I think the issue with the VCA RGF is it not "true" lock line so I will need to pick that up as well.

tank is going great a little algae on the sand bed very little ugly stage . I did loose 1 RFA not sure but I found a melted blob all other are doing fine. about time for its 1st water change. as there not fish or CUC I have yet to do one but I think it's time.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank is cruzing right along I do need to get a small CUC but dont want anything to big as I will not have any fish until after the move some time in jan/feb.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man talk about algae explosion..... :O

no fish or CUC or feeding but I got a bad outbreak of GHA :( I have been dosing vibrant since the little cycano outbreak that went away however GHA came with a vengeance.

did a 35-45% WC the other day . going to test Po4 and report back.
thinking about a small bag of GFO

oh and get some CUC but that will recycle it back to the tank.
not sure where it's getting the nuterents to grow? I have not feed the tank. but I do think 1 RFA diead so that must be it.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well not much has changed from the pic above still does vibrant. gonna order a CUC after xmas. need to get this under control. not sure where it came from as I have yet to feed the nems. and no fish as of yet.

for the CUC this is what i am thinking:
1x scarlet hermit crab
2x blue leg hermits
2x nass. vib, ( not really feeding the tank but want to start feeding the nems ) also for sand mixing.
2X astrea snails
5X Zig Zag Periwinkle
10X
Dwarf Cerith

not sure if I should wait until after the new year or not?

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How loud was the stock return pump ?

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How loud was the stock return pump ?

not to load it was a bit the 1st few weeks but seems to be getting broke in. just make sure it not vibrating on the glass.

a real shame the the Im might jet would not fit. tho at some point I might change out for a sicce pump but for now I am Ok with it.

i would say it's med noise level.
hope that helps!

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not to load it was a bit the 1st few weeks but seems to be getting broke in. just make sure it not vibrating on the glass.

a real shame the the Im might jet would not fit. tho at some point I might change out for a sicce pump but for now I am Ok with it.

i would say it's med noise level.
hope that helps!
Thank you

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I am starting to see some progress on the algae battle . been dosing vibrant but with not feeding the tank much or at all I dont think it had the po3 no4 to work. last few times i also added some ammonia just like when you are cycling the tank.

I am starting to see the algae turn white. gonna try to remove as much as I can and do a WC here soon.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
exciting news. my battle with this odd algae is going good. after 6+ weeks of dosing vibrant the algae started to turn white. so yesterday i did 20%ish (4 gallon0 WC and took a tooth brush & scrubbed the rocks. it's looking SOOOO much better.

still only have the RFA in there no other livestock.
pics to come...

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some quick photos
One during the Wc top down.

The other this am as the lights ate coming on. Now that the tank is starting to look nice again I should get out the real camera and take some better shoots!

20200120_145804.jpg 20200121_105356.jpg

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update time.
As you can see from the pic above I needed to rescape I decided to restart the tank for the nano reek 365 day challenge.

That ment clean sand,scrub rocks, huge WC and rescape.
I am also making some DIY branch live rock and will be moving in a few months so I did not want to cement the scape.

20200227_111657.jpg 20200227_112813.jpg 20200227_112823.jpg 20200227_113956.jpg 20200227_114001.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back