OP
Sod Buster

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the 3/4" silicone hose from BRS. I kept smelling an odor. Don't stick your nose into it to make sure that's what stinks. I almost spilled my Yuengling. Awful, I hope it airs out some.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that would be a great addition to the livestock list. I love the stax rock so much. I got 10lbs but used about 5ish maybe in my nano aio I'm doing.

I love the look and cleanliness of the stuff its really nice. I have emailed them a few times and got a response in a pretty good amount of time.

Here is my scape,a AGA 5g AIO:

20190106_192732.jpg

OP
OP
Sod Buster

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a fan of a guy who was in and out of this hobby quickly. Every aquascape he touched was art though. Andre Silvestre. 10 years ago over in Northern Europe? Read his 2 part scape log if it isn't buried. 3rd rock up on the left, turn 110 degrees clockwise & look at that for a day.

OP
OP
Sod Buster

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the fingers on the bottom look like my gmas arthritic hands. I've never worked w/ it before. What are your measurements Steve? Let's make some art. When I'm in a creative mood I can make something. I'm not Andre for sure., noted

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides looking like its gonna tip over,it doesn't look too bad at all. Especially for just throwing it together. I want to say it is like 10-11" long x 8" tall x 4" front to back and that is keeping it about a inch off the glass to clean and I still have about 3.5"-4" of room left in the front.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have a few pounds left too,that way if I ever upgrade from the 5 to something else I have some more to mess with. Its all siliconed together at the moment but I may take some pieces out and finagle some pieces.

OP
OP
Sod Buster

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody with this FijiCube sump and horizontal heater setup, the industry standard #131 o-rings hold my pair of finnex heaters snug. O-rings are stretched a good 3/8" to 1/2". I left on the nylon burn shields. A good starting point for my get it online friends.
20190125_144620.jpg
20190125_153651.jpg

OP
OP
Sod Buster

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not buried in corn or soybeans. I have got a few things done on this build. I forgot about all the "hurry up & wait" putting a new tank together. I've also been somewhat strategic on the introduction of boxes of stuff showing up on the porch. As far as she knows, I'm still in the hundreds.

OP
OP
Sod Buster

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190213_164229.jpg
Those pokey things sticking through that last pic. I've graduated from a reef keeper to the ugly orange. I had to hide that stuff on the back of the stand and the invoice got burned. Anybody offer help writing code? I can't even link this thread to get a build badge.

OP
OP
Sod Buster

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been slipping. The little tank got filled on Valentine's day. It went pretty good. I didn't like my aquascape, so I broke off the A-bomb mushroom cloud piece and plopped it in. 20lbs of west caribbean grade sand by carib sea, 25 gallons of tropic marin classic water and plugged in the pump. I had a little drip of a leak out of the overflow bulkhead. Off that came, lubed the gaskets w/ silicone o-ring grease and hulked out on the bulkhead w/ a big pair of pump pliers. No more drip. Got my ammonia up to 2ppm, dumped in some fritz 900 to cycle. That stuff is no joke, worked for me extremely well w/ the tank temp @ 83. I'd bring it back to 2ppm every 24hrs from zero for 3 days. I'm on day 2 of my bacterial bloom, time for the light to go on & cook through that. I'm a little bummed that I might have gotten a dud as a pump now that I see they are a platinum sponsor today. After a week I'm ready to take it apart to investigate. In the meantime, a octo varios 2 showed up. I'll light that one up and see. The deltec skimmer as far as I know is still in Germany, hope it catches a plane & not a boat. Some progression. I'll do a few a pics in the middle of the night. All the kids off of school this week really clog up the satellites. Cheers for now.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back