OP
Sod Buster

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked the Fiji 15 sump to mate with the tank also.
Tank dimensions are:
45cm or 17 3/4" width, and long.
42cm or 16 9/16" high.
Sump is 14 1/2" width and long.
16" high.
I have no affiliation with any product or manufacturer in this thread. I will tell it like I see it always without any sugarcoating. I will be using some new stuff freshly purchased, and some things off my old cadlights setup. I've lurked on this site for years absorbing knowledge from all you with experience in this hobby. Critisism or advice is welcome. I hope you all enjoy a fresh build from a grain farmer in NY, and a new company from Minnesota. Cheers all.

OP
OP
Sod Buster

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190117_155651.jpg
A little plumbing happened. Two 1/2" returns, and two 3/4 drains on the external Herbie. I apologize for the silicone tubing here, but I'm so over the colorful hard plumbing that gets all chopped apart when we want to change something around. That stuff is cool and I've done it, not on this one. Also excuse my pics, I don't own a real camera, my phone in my pocket is what I'm working with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sod Buster

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The front and skimmer section of the sump. Adjustable water height baffle and a dual heater holder. Get your own o-rings to hold the heaters in place, as it comes with none. Unobstructed to the skimmer compartment really, but a slight angle to the bracket to hold them would save a trip to the tractor place to get some. I will list part numbers on all the goods if anyone inquires.

20190119_011830.jpg

OP
OP
Sod Buster

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This showed up also. I've studied it for a week & have high hopes. Reefbreeders had it to my door in two days. The overflow setup on the tank will require a ceiling mount, custom mount, or just the goose it comes with on the side
20190117_120501.jpg

OP
OP
Sod Buster

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 3 year old box of dry rock from reefcleaners left over from my tank that went away. I've never aquascaped in a small space. I was always a minimalist fan to be truthful. I threw this together over a couple evenings, the beer made me keep adding rock to it. Now it's full & still wanting to cover some emarco cement seams. I did get 40#'s of stax to play with. It may come to a vote.
15481145840671014839115296446216.jpg

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Fiji's stuff. When I have the money to go bigger I really want to run one of their tanks/sump/fuge combo.

Following along for this. This is very promising. I really like the scape to,what're the stocking plans ?

OP
OP
Sod Buster

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along for this. This is very promising. I really like the scape to,what're the stocking plans ?
I read on here years ago in a build thread "every tank needs a blenny". I've got a tail spot chilling out w/ pepper the shrimp in a fluval AIO. I've never done a cube tank scape. I look at that one & shake my head sometimes, glass to glass man, do you really want that in that space? Like it should be a good start for a island in a 70 gal. I got a 20lb box of the two little fishies stax cut rock to play with one of these nights.
I am really happy picking up this FijiCube tank. Not one scratch on the glass. The seams are all equal thickness with no bubbles in the silicone. The communication with the company is great. Surfing the net one night knowing the cabinet space I had to work with, this company came up. Dual returns & external overflow, yes. I clicked the purchase button and an hour later had a genuine email from a human. This is around 10 p.m., nice. So far it has all been a great experience. Thank you for the like.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like fiji cube's stuff. I have their 24 sump and 600gph overflow.

I am going to get an AIO for my desk at work later this year.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea I bought some sump partitions from Fiji cube and very good quality.
look at their other stuff it looks great.
Deltec are good skimmers, you should love it.
Cool stand.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%

Back