Filter floss for nano

  • Thread starter Thread starter mikedgrok
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mikedgrok

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2021
Messages
85
Reaction score
45
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I've been running a fluvial evo 13.5 for the last 18 months. Tank is really in a nice zone right now - SPS, LPS and some GSPs all thriving along with a couple of fish and the usual inverts!

I've been typically buying inTank filter floss and run their media baskets.

Recently, inTank floss went out of stock on Amazon and then returned a few weeks later. As usual, I ordered some. But it is now far less dense, almost like it is 50% of the thickness/density that it was previously. Not convinced it's fully filtering the small particles which are probably now being caught in my media bags.

Two questions:
1. Has anyone else noticed this drop off in inTank floss quality?

2. What other brands of floss do people prefer for a nano?

Thank you :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new