Filter for berghias?

  • Thread starter Thread starter konatown
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

konatown

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2021
Messages
381
Reaction score
213
Location
us
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any good filter recommendations for a 10 gal berghia tank?

Currently using a tidal filter but they keep crawling in to it and getting swept away by the overflow, or wandering into the intake. It’s out over the surface, but they still find a way to get on it.

Are there any other filters I could use? Could I use a shrimp filter or something? I only have experience with hang on back, and sumps.
 
I would use a foam filter. That has always been a go to for tiny and fragile animals in the aquarium trade.
Perhaps that is what you mean by shrimp filter?
 
I would use a foam filter. That has always been a go to for tiny and fragile animals in the aquarium trade.
Perhaps that is what you mean by shrimp filter?
Yes I think that’s what I meant. I will look for one. Thanks for the tips.

I read the book by dene banger I think it is. I tried a similar setup and the gravel kept clogging and the setup wouldn’t work for me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new