OP
OP
Lovefish77

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used it for months without issue and I know others have for years when I was researching at the onset. Based off my understanding, the main danger with using this type of polyster batting would be if it is "siliconized." Fairfield sells other products which are clearly marketed as "siliconized polyster" while this one is not, so it should be safe.

Further, my diatom bloom from my uncured live rock has stopped while I have continued using the poly-fill, so I can also also anecdotally confirm that it hasn't been siliconized.

Long story short, I love this stuff and it ensures I swap out my filter floss every day or two since it is so dang easy.
Thanks for the info

OP
OP
Lovefish77

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got some of the reef diapers and modified my (Red Sea Reefer 750XL) holders. ended up buying a second set just in cast I wanted/needed to go back to the others. Anyway, I used them and they worked fine. Saved me the issue of washing filters. Honestly its still a hassle so I stopped using any filters and watched my water quality every day like a hawk. Funny think nothing changed? Water is just as clear and perimeters didn't change at all? Now I use them occasionally when I feel I need to but otherwise just stopped using them all together. if anyone ever comes out with a roller that works in this sump I may sign up but for now no more filters for me. Too much work changing every three days.
Thanks I dont think filter socks affect parameters really. But if you dont have some type of filter socks you will have a lot of junk in the sump

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back