Filter sock delete

reefandfish85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I mean..

I have WaterBox MarineX 90.3 I do like having filter sock but thinking about temporary removing them and just let let it run. my question is is there anything out there yet that I can insert into the filter sock holes and muffle the noise/splashing ? I know I could use plastic cup and filter floss, but I'm trying to go without any of these. just have the water circulate.

I used to have it before on my old 55G tank but that was my custom made sump, and like I said I don't want to remove anything just in case I want to go back to filter socks..

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I mean..

I have WaterBox MarineX 90.3 I do like having filter sock but thinking about temporary removing them and just let let it run. my question is is there anything out there yet that I can insert into the filter sock holes and muffle the noise/splashing ? I know I could use plastic cup and filter floss, but I'm trying to go without any of these. just have the water circulate.

I used to have it before on my old 55G tank but that was my custom made sump, and like I said I don't want to remove anything just in case I want to go back to filter socks..
I have heard of 3d printed stuff for exactly this. Search for that, there’s a few vendors out there and I am having a brain fart as to the names maybe printed Reef?

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe this?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you having a problem with raising nitrates? Not sure why you'd want to remove the filter socks unless you're planning to replace them with media cups and filter floss or a fleece roller.

OP
OP
R

reefandfish85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you having a problem with raising nitrates? Not sure why you'd want to remove the filter socks unless you're planning to replace them with media cups and filter floss or a fleece roller.
no issues with raising nitrates or anything just not sure if I need filter socks and wat to try running tank without , I do have skimmer and coral eating peppermint shrimp in mu sump :) ...

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no issues with raising nitrates or anything just not sure if I need filter socks and wat to try running tank without , I do have skimmer and coral eating peppermint shrimp in mu sump :) ...
It's generally not advisable as without any kind of filtration (skimmer isn't as effective) you can spike your nitrates. But hey, it's your tank...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back