Filter Sock Replacement

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alvanck
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Alvanck

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2026
Messages
57
Reaction score
30
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Another noob question….

My innovative marine 25 gallon lagoon came with two filter socks that are square. I was looking online to get a couple more and I see a lot of round ones versus the square ones. Is this a big deal? Here are the ones I was looking at. Thanks all!!

https://a.co/d/0isS1DEW
 
I would try to get square ones they may come from the manufacturer of your sump. The problem with the round ones is if they don’t fit snuggly a lot of the water could bypass them, but if your tank is clean with relatively low nitrates/not a big bio load that may not matter. I would want to make sure that the round ones fall through the supports for the filter socks.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new