Filter sock/Roller Mat substitute...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dom
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dom

Theoretical Reef Keeper
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2016
Messages
7,849
Reaction score
8,300
Location
NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a cost-saving suggestion that some may appreciate. It isn't "industry standard" but effective.

Roller mat systems are nice as they add automation. But is that automation worth the price of a roller mat system?

I recently suggested that white felt from a local craft store would do the same job. Have a look...

Below is a fresh 12"x12" felt sheet I picked up from the hobby shop. When Buying them in packages of 24, they come to about .16 cents per sheet. I use white because I don't want dye in the tank.

IMG_8834.jpeg

This is the fresh sheet in place...
IMG_8835.jpeg

And this is the sheet after 1 week.
IMG_8844.jpeg

Sure looks like its doing a good job to me!
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 100.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new